Bodine Baptist strives to …
Have UNITY in the essential things …Have LIBERTY in the non-essential things and …Have CHARITY in all things!!!
- We hold the Bible, the Holy Scriptures, specifically the authorized King James Version as our statement of faith and final authority in all matters of faith and practice. We believe the Bible is God’s Holy Word, penned by men who God Himself “moved” to write (I Peter 1:25, 2 Peter 1:21) and that Word preserved by God is forever settled in heaven (Psalms 119:89), and that it is inspired, (2 Timothy 3:16).
- We believe that the salvation of the soul is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8,9) offered freely to all sinners willing to repent and believe in the redemptive work of Jesus Christ (Romans 6:23).
- We believe that all who repent of their sins and place their faith in Jesus Christ and His completed work for redemption are kept eternally secure by God who alone does the saving, as well as the keeping (John 5:24, 17:10-11; Jude 1:24).
- We believe that the church was founded by Jesus Christ Himself (Matthew 16:13-18), is on a perpetual mission (Matthew 28:18-19), is the only keeper of the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper (Matthew 28:20), is local, visible, and free (as seen by example in Acts, Corinthians, and other New Testament books), is indigenous ,which implies both growth and replication, and is the only institution specifically ordained of God for glory (both present and eternal), (Ephesians 3:21).
- We believe that saints of God are to walk with God in a personal fellowship characterized by holiness (1 Thessalonians 4:7). Believers are to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord (1 Peter 3:18) and to allow the love of God to guide their life (John 13: 34-35).